As I mentioned yesterday, prayer after loss is complicated for me. I wrote a post months ago The Problem of [Un]Answered Prayer that addressed this.
But I AM able to pray Scripture-especially the prayers of Paul, which are centered on asking God to strengthen others and to expand their understanding of His love, compassion, power and grace.
Here are two more that I find helpful:
- that ___’s love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
- that___may be able to discern what is best, and
- that____may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,
- that___will be filled with the fruit of righteousness through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.
Father, I pray
- that You will fill___with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
- that___may live a life worthy of You, Lord,
- that____may please You in every way,
- that___will bear fruit in every good work,
- that___will grow in the knowledge of You,
- that___will be strengthened with all power according to Your glorious might,
- that___may have great endurance and patience,
- that___will joyfully give thanks to You, Father, who has qualiied them to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
Today by Your Spirit make real all their inheritance in Christ Jesus.