Some days I wake up and question EVERYTHING.
Have I allowed myself to be tricked into believing a fairy tale in hopes that it will ease my earthly pain?
Is God Who He says He is? Will He do what He says He will do? How can I be certain?
And then I turn again to the Truth.
Have you ever noticed how focusing your mind on the Word quiets your spirit? In that peaceful silence, faith dissolves fear. God’s revelations about Himself in the Bible—namely, that He is good, sovereign, and our loving Father—have a way of sharpening our perception about whatever we’re facing We can see the true nature of a matter and it is not bigger than our God. As a result, we cast off the staggering weight of our burdens and instead grow a deep-rooted confidence in the goodness and sovereignty of God. My friends, that is the definition of courage.
– Charles Stanley
I take hold of the promises in Scripture. I recite the faithfulness of my Heavenly Father to myself and others in my family and countless generations before me.
I ask His Spirit to bear witness to mine that He can be trusted.
And then He strengthens me for the journey, giving me what I need to endure.
- “The one who conquers through faithfulness even unto death will escape the second death.” ~Revelation 2:11b VOICE
- “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.” ~Revelation 2: 17b, c KJV
- “And he that overcomes, and he that keeps unto the end my works, to him will I give authority over the nations, and he shall shepherd them with an iron rod; as vessels of pottery are they broken in pieces, as I also have received from my Father; and I will give to him the morning star.” ~Revelation 2: 26-28 DARBY
- “He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.” `Revelation 3:5 NASB
- “He that overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out no more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God which is the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from and with my God, and I will write upon him my new name.”~Revelation 3:12 JUB
- “He who overcomes [the world through believing that Jesus is the Son of God], I will grant to him [the privilege] to sit beside Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down beside My Father on His throne.” ~Revelation 3:21 AMP
“Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.”
~ Jesus (John 14:1-4 MSG)
“See, I come quickly! I carry my reward with me, and repay every man according to his deeds. I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the Beginning and the End. Happy are those who wash their robes, for they have the right to the tree of life and the freedom of the gates of the city.”
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!”
Let everyone who hears this also say, “Come!”
Let the thirsty man come, and let everyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.
He, who is witness to all this, says, “Yes, I am coming very quickly!”
“Amen, come Lord Jesus!”
Revelation 22: 12-14, 17, 20 PHILLIPS
3 thoughts on “To Him Who Overcomes: Promises I Can Count On”
Melanie, sometimes (often) you speak my secret heart. I too sometimes wonder that “What if it’s all just a lovely fairytale, so that I can get through life without Kari, believing I’ll see her again?” But in my darkest moments I’ve decided, even if it isn’t true (which it totally IS) my life is better and I live better and do better at helping others and making a difference, if I believe it is true. So it’s a win/win as far as I’m concerned. Thanks again for the way you share your heart. ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Amen. Come Lord Jesus!
LikeLiked by 1 person